2015 Public Industry Forum – From ‘pen to plate’
May 14, 2015
Time: 6 - 7 pm
Chemistry Lecture Theatre 1, University of Tasmania
Churchill Ave; SANDY BAY
From pen to plate will feature salmon producer Huon Aquaculture (David Whyte, Technical Manager), fish nutrition business Skretting (Rhys Hauler, Marketing Manager) and CSIRO’s Food and Nutrition Bioproducts, Oceans and Atmosphere Flagships (Dr Peter Nichols, Senior Principal Research Scientist).
Invited speakers will combine to deliver an integrated presentation about Tasmania’s salmon industry, its key characteristics and curiosities (including chemistry-related ones!). Everything from:
- Fish health and nutrition
- Water quality criteria (for optimal fish health and growth)
- Water quality management, treatment and testing
- Characterisation of fish oils and their dietary functions
- Innovative process development for greater utilisation of fish oils
So come along and enjoy being a part of From pen to plate! Don’t be ‘caught out’!
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Damien 6165 4508 by Monday 11 May 2015.
Event audience: Everyone