“Imagining a Different Future” Community Event
February 10, 2018
Time: 1 - 5 pm
University of Tasmania Medical Science Precinct,
Campbell St, Hobart
Join us in crafting a community response to the challenge of ‘imagining a different future’ that is a fair and effective response to climate change, focusing on Tasmania but with the whole world in mind.
This free community event is part of the Imagining a Different Future Conference (8-10 February).
- Food – How can we create a secure, fair and healthy food future in Tasmania and contribute to the repair of the world?
- Energy – What could the Tasmanian energy system (electricity, oil and gas) look like if it were seriously decarbonising and equitable?
- Shouldering Our Responsibilities – what is our fair share of the carbon ‘task’. How should we be acting as part of our Pacific neighbourhood?
- Crafting a just and regenerative future – living it now. What do a flourishing new economy and society look like?
- Reaching Out – ways to connect that work. How can we increase the voices that support climate change action?
- What do we need to learn from the holders of indigenous knowledge?
Event audience: Everyone