Inspiring Australia Grants for Tasmanian Science Engagement Projects 2018
Applications are invited for between $2,001 – $5,000 for the purposes of supporting public science engagement projects in Tasmania in 2018. In this context a science engagement ‘project’ could be a large-scale event or a non-event based community science engagement activity.
Information pertaining to the general objectives of Inspiring Australia can be found at: http://www.industry.gov.au/Science/InspiringAustralia/Pages/default.aspx
- Projects will be judged on their capacity to engage diverse audiences in one or more aspects of the STEM disciplines.
- In this competitive grant round preference will be given to applications that: demonstrate innovative and engaging methods of science communication, that demonstrate a willingness to effectively co-brand with Inspiring Australia, and that target Youth audiences (18 -35 yrs). These are priorities only and not eligibility criteria.
- Applications that request financial support for large capital purchases will not be considered.
- Applications will be limited to the fields outlined in the online application form. No attachments, other than your budget, will be accepted.
- Funding requests for projects that take place in a school for a student audience will not be eligible.
- These grants are intended to support public science engagement activities that take place outside the month of August and are ineligible to be included in the National Science Week program.
- Download a Budget Template HERE
Applicants are encouraged to contact Inspiring Australia Manager, Sarah Bayne at Sarah.Bayne@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 2716 to discuss your proposal.
Notification of success or otherwise will occur on 26 February 2018.