National Science Week Seed Grants 2019
The Tasmanian National Science Week Coordinating Committee would like to invite you to apply for seed funding to run a public event, activity or program in National Science Week 2019 (10 – 18 August).
Event holders may apply for up to $500 (GST excl.) each.
These grants are designed to encourage organisations and businesses that rely on science, engineering or technology as part of their everyday activities to create a public event that highlights and celebrates the fact that science is so ubiquitous and diverse and underpins so much of our society.
The types of events that usually take place in National Science Week include workshops, tours, lectures, demonstrations, festivals and film screenings – but please get creative!
The types of organisations that typically run events in National Science Week include local councils, libraries, community organisations and small and large businesses of all types.
- Events will preferably take place in Science Week 2019, between 10 – 18 August, but may take place within a week either side of National Science Week.
- Events must take place in Tasmania (regional events will be prioritised).
- Events must be open to the general public; applications that are for school-based or student focused activities will not be considered.
- Due to the limited availability of funding, the costs of salaries, capital equipment and catering are unlikely to be funded.
- These grants are not intended to fund activity taking place at the Festival of Bright Ideas.
- The budget template must be used for your budget. Get the Excel file here.
Successful applicants will be subject to the following requirements:
- funds will be paid upon receipt of a valid tax invoice (ABN required)
- funded events must be listed on the National Science Week website and submitted to the printed program by Friday 5 July 2019.
- promotional materials for funded events must acknowledge this support by including National Science Week and Inspiring Australia logos
- successful applicants must complete a brief event evaluation in a specified format by 23 September 2019 (including photographs/video)
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Monday 29 April 2019.